be our guest
Escape and relax on our farm. Our farm is located in our private valley just south of Madison, Wisconsin in the rolling hills outside of New Glarus, we hope you enjoy the seclusion as much as we do. The dark night skies are perfect for viewing stars while you sit by the fire, listen to the coyotes yipp near by. During the day you are welcome to hike through the 20 acres of woods, along our pastures and we welcome you to interact with the livestock that call this farm home.
If you'd like to participate in farm chores we are happy to get you a pair of boots and show you our routine. There are also many attractions worth visiting in New Glarus, which is only 8 miles from our farm. Visit the small shops, the New Glarus Brewery and many delicious restaurants. The New Glarus Woods and Donald County Park are also a great places to hike.
We encourage you to 'unplug' during your stay with us, so WIFI is not available for our guests. While most phones get reception in this valley we hope you take advantage of disconnecting and enjoying some of the simple pleasures of farm life.
*** At this time we do not host families with children ***
Farmhouse Guest Suite
Starting at $95/night
Stay year round in our farmhouse guest suite. Our suite is perfect for both solo and couple travelers that are looking for a farm stay with creature comforts. You will find the comforts of home in our guest suite that has it's own private kitchen and bathroom.
Our guest suite includes |
- King memory foam mattress with down alternative pillows and soft linens
- Comfy couch and chair
- Fully furnished kitchen stocked with glassware, pots, pans, utensils and dishware
- Stocked fridge and pantry with farm fresh eggs, pancake mix, local syrup, local honey, local cheese and crackers, wine, beer, coffee and tea
- Private en suite bathroom with linens
- Locked enterance
- Access to our farmhouse fire ring stocked with wood and marshmellow sticks
- Board games and cards
While we love hosting those who visit EPIC we do not currently offer WIFI to our guests. If you have a hot spot and have US Cellular you will have adequate reception. Sprint users do not get service in our valley.
Starting at $45/night
Pitch your tent and enjoy the sounds of the wildlife that call this farm home. Coyotes will often sing you to sleep and the birds will be your alarm in the morning. You are welcome to set up camp anywhere within our 55 acres but your bathroom access is located near our home in our guest cottage. Fires are only allowed in the fire ring located at the guest cottage. If it rains during your stay you are welcome to hang out in our guest cottage which is stocked with board games and cards.
Your camp stay includes |
- Many locations to pitch your tent or hang your hammock
- Your own private camp bathroom with shower comes stocked with linens
- Drinking water
- Access to our guest cottage fire ring that comes stocked with wood and marshmallow sticks
- Camp chairs
- Cooking grate for over the fire
*** We have a lot of furry friends here at the farm, so we ask you leave your fur babies at home ***
I, Brit, am your farm stay host and I can't wait to welcome you to the farm. Our farm is shared by my husband Matt and I, as well as my parents Paul and LaVay. When we bought this farm it was my dream to start hosting guests and sharing the livestock operation with others; it was my parents dream to live a quiet life close to us. I personally would like to ask you to respect my parents privacy and stay a distance away from their cabin so they can enjoy the privacy that drew them to this valley.
Matt or I are available to answer any questions you have and assist you in making your stay comfortable. I'd love to show you around if you'd like but I try to escape to my own retreat in the evenings. I am always available via text should you need anything after the sun goes down.
- This is a working livestock farm, we try our best to keep things tidy but we have animals making messes by the minute.
- We, your hosts, and our parents live on the farm and we ask you to respect our private residences
- We ask that you refrain from entering any of our barns or outbuildings, with the exception of the guest cottage, without us. Again it's a working farm and we'd hate for you to get hurt on something.
- Our livestock love attention and we encourage you to interact with them; however, we ask you do not enter any of our pastures/pens without us.
- We use electric fences to keep our livestock contained and safe from predators. These fences are hot 24/7 and while they won't kill you they do sting. Feel free to feed/scratch our livestock anywhere where there is a gate to keep yourself safe.
- One of our favorite parts of living here is nights spent by the fire, you are welcome to have your own private fire but please keep all fires in the designated fire rings.
- One of the benefits of raising our livestock on pasture is the smells are less fruitful, but again, it is a working farm and at times it comes with odors.